Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Sukumar's Page: Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 7

Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 7

My Long Drive Experiences ( Contd..)

Since I had travelled a lot in December with my Nano, I thought of giving rest for it for a month from the long drives. I had a function at my friend's home in Erode district, 300 km from my home in Bangalore in Feb 1st week. I and 2 other friends started our Journey from Bangalore. Till Dharmapuri it was the same road we went for Hogenakkal and from there its through Salem. We started at 12.30 pm from Bangalore. By the time we reached Hosur it was 1.30 pm. We had lunch and started at 2.30pm . After that during our journey we had a 15 min tea break near Salem and reached Erode at 6.15 pm. 300 km covered in 5 hours. Its as good as other small cars from all manufacturers. And the noteworthy point is the mileage we got was around 24.5 kmpl.

We roamed around the erode city and nearby places and covered almost 150km with a mileage of 20kmpl. Then we started back our journey on Monday morning at 8 am from Perundurai and reached Bangalore at 2 pm. Same way with a break of 1 hour in between. During our retrun trip, a Santro was competiting with us for overtaking and for a stretch of 20 km they could not do it. Later they overtook us, after 15 km we overtook them. We drove almost together for a stretch of 60 km. Remember Santro is 1100 cc car with almost 1.5 times power and torque compared to Nano. When we overtook him, he felt really disgusted for being going behind a Nano. I could understand that from the reaction he gave while I over took him.

One more thing I would like to say is, Nano cannot be compared with other small cars of its segment too. Because there is no other car with the similar specifications of Nano. Even if you compare it certain features are highlights in Nano and certain are highlights of other cars. If you compare Nano with Alto, in engine capacity, maximum speed, weight, dick space Alto gets better. In Torque,Power both are same. In Spaciousness,mileage,manuvoreblity,ground clearance Nano is way ahead.

For me Nano is sufficient for my usage since I look at spaciousness,mileage,price as the top most priority things. I am not an Alto basher, its a small comparison in general with Nano. Our people will always compare one thing with the other and then only if its better than the other, they go for it. Remeber my parents itself initally kept comparing Nano with Dzire. Its in blood of our people and we cannot change that. Once they understand it fully,then they will realise its thier mistake of comparing with the other.

Moreover, one more aspect where Nano did not reach widely in rural areas as expected since it had only petrol variants. Rural area population widely believes that 4 wheelers should be run on diesel. May be because of the vehicles they use like tractors,lorries,jeeps which were run on diesel. They hardly accept a petrol car. They always think in the difference in the fuel prices ( petrol vs diesel). They never think about the maintainence cost, additional price incurring for possesing a diesel car. I had worked out a small analyisis on that and found that after 3 years of usage, you will be investing more on a diesel car than a petrol car. I really appreciate Tatas for bringing a petrol car at such an affordable price.

Even after I had completed more than 1000km/month on average, few people was adament in not accepting Nano as a car. They kept telling Nano is not worth to be a car, it can never have good quality for such low price. I started giving a deaf ear to them as their mindset is higher the price higher the quality. We cant change them forever. They looked like accepting but the final point they put was low quality. I dont understand when this mentality will change from our people. Its not my problem either. Nano kept performing much better than what was being told by the Tata's when I bought it. Really it outperformed in all aspects by a reasonable to a bigger margin than what they had told me.

The promises made by them was mileage of 15-16 kmpl in city, 19-20 kmpl in highway (considering the reated mileage of 23.6kmpl). But for me in National Highways, I always got 24kmpl or more. In state highways I got 22kmpl always. In city only I got as per their promise. I really doubt whether there is any other car in this hatchback segment which gives more mileage than the rated mileage from the manufacturer.

The maximum speed without the feeling of vibrations they told was 70kmph on good roads, but I did not feel any vibrations till 90kmph. It was running smoothly. Always wherever I see, the performance will be a little less than thier promise, but for Nano its going the other way. Feel free to write me or call me if you want more details about Nano. There are still more promises made by them and I felt they promised less than what really a Nano is performing.

When I go for service, I used to have a chat with other nano users who came for service that time about the peformance they are getting. Almost everyone used to tell the same sort of experiences I had. They also used to get amazed when I tell them my long drive experiences since they were not confident on Nano for going a long drive. It was another misconception among our people and now everywhere people had started going for long drives in Nano after users like me shared the experiences of long drives in Nano.

If you want luxurious long drive, Nano is not the right choice. But if you want a comfortable long drive, Nano is good choice. After all, you will get for what you pay. You cant get a Benz for 2.5 Lakhs on Road price, right??

more at http://dhawald3.tumblr.com/

---------------------------------------------- Continued

6 comments:

  1. The Tata Nano 2012 LX is loaded with features moreover it is reasonably spacious. This car is good for those who use a four wheeler very rarely or occasionlly. Tata Nano might soon be powered by an 800 cc engine in the near future and the endproduct would altogether be a new car which would rightly fit in between the Nano and the Indica. it would be based on the existing Tata Pixel concept and also be a tallboy design.if one wants to own a car and the monthly running is 50-100 kms. the Nano is an ideal choice.If the Tatas wanted they could have spruced up the car and then it would have been as pricey as the Alto or the Eon.Nano is an outcome of very high degree of R&D which has resulted in such an affordable fourwheeler for the people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I partially agree with you. I have been using at an average of 1000km/month and its very good for me. So far covered 13,000km and yet to complete 13th month from the purchase! Most of the distance covered is through long drives which I had explained in my detail review. For people who use around 500-1000km a month, Nano is ideal( smooth driving is necessary) and highly worth for its price.

      Delete
  2. Hi I have written a blog on Nano.
    http://dhawald3.tumblr.com/

    I have listed 12 things that people should know about Tata Nano.

    I have put the link to your blog in my blog.
    please put a link to my blog on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tata Nano was launched with huge expectations but it disappointed after some time.It got good start but after finding some drawbacks in it,people shifted their attention.But now a great makeover has been done in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Tata nano has picked up with the 2012 model addons and colors. Besides its improvement in performance. Really Nano is worth buy for its price... I can say the best value for money car is Tata Nano.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete