Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Sukumar's Page: Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 2

Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 2


My Long Drive Experiences :

On Sep 14, I went for a long drive to my native, about 330 km from Bangalore, just to prove my family that I made the right decision of buying it. Once I took them for a drive in my native, they felt convinced to some extent, but they felt features are less( My sisters family owned a Swift Dzire and by default they kept comparing Nano and Dzire). They got convinced in the interior space since both had same. I answered them simple, for INR 2.25 Lakhs we cant expect features of a INR 7 Lakhs car! Keep things simple is my policy!

The very next day, I took my dad to my Sis-in-law home at Tirupati(70 km from my native) on the state highway, an average road. He looked bit convinced with the performance, but still he kept telling - " If you had bought an Alto or Indica it would have been much better than this, I still doubt the durablity and quality of the vehicle since its of low cost". My answer is - " If you look at things around you, you will like few things at first sight itself, but you will keep on liking few things once you start using it and Nano is of 2nd category". Over period of 1 year, it proved I am right!

I completed round trip of 650km just 2 weeks from the date I bought. My friends who earlier thought Nano is only for city driving and not reliable for long drive, realised that its thier misconception. After I got back from my long drive, I daily shuttled between my home and office in the city. I got a call from KHT motors stating that a Nano Mileage Marathon Mela is being conducted in October 2011. I felt happy to participate in that. It was a promotion activity by Tata Motors for Nano. I achieved a mileage of 22.5kmpl ( which was bit lesser than the 23.56 kmpl achieved by me from Bangalore to Sriperumbudur). Around 100 Nano's from Bangalore participated in it( From Bannerghatta road to Wonderla via Nice road). The top 3 mileages were 34.2,27.6,24.8 kmpl respectively( all 2011 Models with rated mileage of 23.6kmpl). That made me feel proud about Nano once again.

The experiences shared by most of the owners of Nano were superb in all aspects. The main advantages of Nano are Mileage,Spaciousness,Manuvoueriblity which is the most important requirement for some one who likes to drive in cities. Nano got the image "best car for using in cities". Many shared thier experiences about thier long drives using Nano which were amazing. During the marathon, on NICE road , I clocked 110kmph for about 1.5 minutes till the coolant indicator started blinking. Its awsome to clock 110 kmph in Nano with the speedometer maximum reading being 120kmph. Nano's brochure itself mentions 105 kmph as the maximum speed. What else you expect from a car whose price tag is just about 2 Lakh INR( with AC,Front power windows, asthetic doors, cute smiley faced car)???

The best experience shared by one of the Nano users was simply excellent. He showed the way we can go and sit in Nano rear seat and other small cars rear seat. Call me , if you want me to explain how he explained it.

------------------------------------------ To be continued

1 comment: