Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Sukumar's Page: Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 1

Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 1


My Experiences till I owned Nano LX:

I have been a fan of Tata Nano right from the time when Ratan Tata announced this model. Many people were wondering how a car can be given for INR 1.3 Lakhs( On Road) when the lowest end of Indica from the same Tata's itself is INR 3 Lakhs( On Road).

The common questions raised by many can be simply summarized as follows:

1. How can a car be made with such low price?
2. Will the car be of quality and reliablity?
3. Is it an Auto having 4 wheels?( Since Nano is rear engine car, people hardly knew that Volkswagen Beatle is a successful rear engine car)
4. Can this be called as a car or a simply 4 wheeler?
5. Can this withstand our Indian Road conditions?
6. Can this withstand a passenger capacity of 4 comfortably?
7. With the proposed dimensions how can it be having 21% more spacious than Maruthi 800?

A still lot of questions which were answered sooner or later by Tata Nano itself!!!!

Despite all these questions, the concept of Ratan Tata attracted me very much. An affordable car with nominal performance for all Lower middle class and Middle Class people who have dream of owning a car!

People hardly accepted Nano as a car, they used to call it a 4 wheel auto. I heard this very often. I kept googling about the facts of Nano to know the real facts. But I could not locate them as the other cars had. It gave me more passion to go for it. And I came to know sometime in 2009 through a presentation by one of my colleagues after the first set of roll out from the Tatas. I was surprised to see the value of money in Nano way better than all other cars in the market , which ignited me to go for it!

I tried to convince my family and buy a Nano, but they had other ideas, the common misconceptions about Nano. So they blindly kept rejecting it. I had no other option than to drop my plans temporarily. In March 2011, I shifted to Bangalore from Chennai for a job shift. I started my information gathering on performance of Nanos in Bangalore city.

I saw an advertisement in Times of India stating that a Nano can be availed with a downpayment of 15000 (Base), 22000(CX), 25000(LX) and rest in EMI's. With no second thought, I went for a test drive at KHT Motors , Kundalahalli ,Bangalore on 19-Aug-2011. After the test drive, I booked a Nano LX(Champegne Gold) on that day itself. I had caused some delay in submitting necessary documents and despite that I got my car on 2nd Sep 2012. After buying it only I informed my family about this. They scolded me to the core for going for a Nano. I answered them - " I liked it very much, very affordable for my budget and its sufficient for me ".

Its a short summary of how besides lot of contradictions I went for a Nano against all odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment