Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Sukumar's Page: Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 5

Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tata Nano LX- A Complete Overview on My Experiences- Part 5

My Long Drive Experiences (Contd..)

I recently browsed through the Tata Nano official site. I found Mr Thomas Chacko had completed an all India trip of 26,500km in Tata Nano in 78 days. An average of 340 km /day. And he is planning to pen down his experiences through a book titled " Mano et Nano". Even the luxury cars can be driven around 500km/day for a stretch of 78 days( costing more than 4 times the price of Nano). When Nano can complete 26,500 km in 2.5 months(in all kinds of Indian roads), do any one need a more explaination to prove its durablity on Indian Roads? But still few people feel that Nano is not a car.Funny on their part....( my personal opinion). I am awaiting for this book, which can prove all the Nano bashers that they are 100% wrong about Nano!

Coming back to my experiences, again I planned for a long drive to my native. I had a comfortable drive to my home via Bangalore-Chennai highway with an average mileage of 25kmpl. Everytime I go for a long drive, the mileage and comfortness I get used to always surprise me. If the design is not so perfect, how can I feel that much comfortness? How will I get mileage more than the rated mileage of the vehicle. A great bow to Ratan Tata and the Tatas for providing us such a good value for money vehicle. I really feel proud to be a Tata Nano user. I updated the same in my Facebook profile, some of my friends got surprised like me and asked me to share the experiences. The bashers still kept bashing about Nano.

There are few things which I would like to share about Nano and its perception among people.

1. Giving a nasty look on Nano's :

Whenever a Nano crosses few two wheelers ( especially Thuderbird,Pulsar,FZ series.CBZ- few people only) give a nasty look at Nano such that its not fit to be a motorised vehicle. Let them feel that thier vehicle is great, why giving such look at some other vehicle? It really irritates some one who is driving a Nano. Also no other cars, even if they are going slowly, never give way to Nano , if at all I overtake them, they will give a more nasty look than the two wheeler guys do. If I am using a Nano, does that it mean I should never overtake any other car?

2. Spreading negative image about Nano :

I have seen many people who intentionally spread negative image on Nano. They had never ever sat in a Nano or drove it. If they experience the travelling or driving in Nano, they will never do that. They all have a feeling that since its very small in overall dimensions and low cost, its not a durable car. Are they astrologers to judge something by having a look at it rather than experiencing it. I had come accross such instances when ever I park my Nano in a mall or a common parking place. I went to one guy who was talking bad about Nano to his friends when I just entered to park my car. I asked him , have you ever drove a Nano? His reply was No. My 2nd question to him was , have you ever sat in a Nano? His response was No. Then I asked about his car details, he told. I replied "Nano has better inner space,milage,manuvouerbility" compared to your car. You will get for what you pay only. Please never talk bad about anything which you have never seen! Without looking at him, I walked away. He might have got hurt, but he paid for talking bad about a thing which he was not aware at all.

Dec 26,2011 05:45 am to Dec 27,2012 05:00 am( 23 : 15 Hrs)

By looking at the heading, you might get confused why I wrote like that. What distance you can cover comfortably in a Nano in a 24 hour duration? The answer is below from my experience.

Due to an emergency, I had to go to my native. I got call at 04.45 am from my home. I started at 05.45 am from Whitefield Railway station via Hosur,Vellore,Sriperumbudur,Tiruvallur. First 40 km is state road, then 240 km National highway( 4 & 6 lane). Next 60 km is again rugged State highway where its highly difficult to drive because of huge pits. I did not stop any where except the toll gates till Sriperumbudur, a stretch of 280 km continuous running. And the time was 10.15 when I reached there. I kept continous clocking of 80-90 kmph from Hosur to Sriperumbudur. By 11:45 am I reached my native since the last 60km was really horrible for me.

From 12.00pm, I was driving again in rugged roads for picking up my relatives from nearby town to my home and dropping them back till 7.30pm. In that 7:30 Hrs I was almost driving for half of the time in rugged roads and covered almost 150km. In this pickup drops, every time I took 5 people ( excluding me) and 1 or 2 kids ( age 5-10). Every one was amazed with the way Nano is. And a few asked me how good the performance is so that they can decide whether they can go for Nano instead of other small cars. I told them my experiences I had in that day alone which made them feel good about it.

My sister who had Swift Dzire, initially was not convinced with Nano. After she looked the way its peforming, she got bit convinced like my mom and dad. When she travelled in it , the way the interior space arrangement is given, she looked more convinced and told me that I had not made a bad choice, but there are better choices too! As usual I told, its value for money which matters the most when we go for anything!

Again I started back to Bangalore at 9 pm through the same route. By 10.30 I reached Sriperumbudur( 60 km horrible road). Once I touched highway, I started clocking at 80-90 kmph consistently, but took break once every 60 km because of the tiredness I got due to extensive driving. At 5 am,I was back at the starting point. A total journey of 850km in 23 hours and 15 minutes in my Nano LX. I really felt so happy and my parents who was not convinced till that time for buying a Nano got convinced to the core. They felt its a right decision by me provided its performance for what I had paid.

That made me so happy that many who were intially Nano bashers turned liking many things in Nano. But its very hard to make anyone satisfied 100% with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment